Friday, 13 March 2009

Red Noses and Rudeness

Today is Friday 13th! For some people this is unlucky, but I don't believe in luck! Things don't happen by chance. Anyway I was born on a Friday 13th and there's nothing wrong with me! Well, that's a matter of opinion maybe!

A lot of people will be doing a lot of silly things today because today is Red Nose Day in aid of Comic Relief. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing really. I am fully in support of helping people who are less fortunate than us. It is dreadful that so many people in Africa are dying from malaria, especially when it only takes such little things to prevent it. However I don't like the way the people involved in the show think they have to be so rude. I am fed up with swearing and sexual innuendo on TV these days anyway and things seem to be taken to an extreme with Comic Relief. It's not too bad before 9pm, because of the regulations, but after that it changes. For all the good cause aspect I still don't think it's an excuse to be crude. The serious parts are heart breaking, but is it right to make people feel guilty so that they give money? I don't know that I should be supporting such behaviour, despite the good cause? I would rather give money knowing exactly where it is going and give because I agree with it, not because I think I have to. Besides, we already give to various charities and you can't be expected to support everything.
I think if it was just the daft behaviour and doing silly things to raise money I don't think it would be a problem, it's just that they always seem to want to push things right to the limits every time. For some reason people seem to think that being rude is funny. Which I find sad.

Anyway, thats enough of that! It's just something that I've been thinking about recently.

We've decided to have a day out tomorrow so if the weather's still good we're off to the beach! So, I'm sure I'll have lots of photos to show you on Monday!

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment