Friday, 13 May 2011

Update

Hello again!

Hope you enjoyed the photos! Nathan is coming up for 18 months now! Six more months and he'll be two! My little baby! He's just growing up so fast! He's really into climbing everything at the moment, his latest conquest being the chairs at the dining table! He loves the new vantage point this gives him and the ability to reach all those things that we put on the table to be out of his reach! (and of course being able to get up on to the table itself now and again!) Always up to mischief and with an ever developing sense of humour there's never a dull moment in our house, which partly explains why I don't have much time for this any more! But I'm loving the stage he's at and now that we've developed a routine that works for us things are much more managable than they seemed this time last year!

I must admit that I really struggled after Nathan was born with the demands of being a wife and a mummy. It wasn't easy to admit to that at the time. For a time everything felt overwhelming and I felt like a failure for not being able to meet up to my own expectations. I looked around me and everyone else seemed to cope, more than cope, excel in motherhood! They all seemed to find it so easy! Looking back I can see now that what I saw could easily have been other peoples good days, their public front, just as that was most likely saw of me. Being a mum is hard work, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Everyone has bad days!

Anyway, that's enough misery! I am blessed to have a wonderful, loving husband and family who were there and helped me through the worst days. Things are changing everyday and mostly for the better! Every day brings new challenges but life would be boring without them!

Andy's been busy with work and training to become charted hopefully soon so life has been pottering along full of everyday busy-ness! As Nathan gets ever more active and is growing up fast we have started thinking about moving. Our little flat has been great but we are fast growing out of it, it's amazing how much space a small person needs! We aren't really sure where we will end up yet, all possibilities are being explored at the moment! I will keep you updated with news when I know it!

Well, I better go, Nathan will be waking up soon and I have jobs to try and get done before he does! Apologies that this isn't a very interesting post!

No comments:

Post a Comment