Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Update Part Two...

Christmas and New Year;
Christmas crept up on me before I was really ready for it! Before having Nathan it seemed like there would be plenty of time to get things sorted. I did intend to get most things sorted before the birth but time got away from me and I didn't get as much done as I wanted. So the weeks between were a bit frantic! Getting used to looking after a small baby, housework and trying to get sorted for Christmas certianly keeps you busy! I was extremely grateful to our friends at church for providing us with meals and to Andy for helping out with everything so that I could recover and concentrate on Nathan. The snow we've had didn't help, making it tricky for me to get out of the house, that and the pain of getting everything down the stairs from the flat!
Nathan has had some jaundice and in the week after he was born had to have a blood test to check he was ok. The health visitor had seen him a couple of times and was concerned that he was still yellow at a few weeks old. She was supposed to visit on the Wednesday before Christmas but couldn't make it because of the weather. A misunderstanding meant that I hadn't taken Nathan to the doctors as she advised and after speaking to the doctor (who had never seen Nathan) she decided to book an appointment at Watford for him to have another blood test! All this would have been fine, a bit of a pain but do-able had it not been for the weather and the fact we were supposed to be travelling up to Shrewsbury to spend Christmas there, giving Emma a lift. The Health visitor knew we were going away too which was the most annoying thing. To cut a long story short in the end we didn't got to the appointement but it was stressful getting things ready to go away for a week and trying to sort all that out and look after Nathan and Emma and Jo! But at last, after a journey in horrible weather that took twice as long as normal we made it to Shrewsbury.
It was really nice to be with my family over Christmas and to see our friends from the church there too. Ben had changed so much since we last saw him, grown up a lot! It was nice to have all of us there, with me being married already and Emma getting married next year it may be some time before that happens again at Christmas.
Christmas day started with a service at the little chapel in Plealey followed by tea and biscuits at my grandparents house. Christmas dinner at my parents and then presents and a quiet evening! Nathan slept through most of it! But at just under a month old I didn't really expect anything else.
It was good to see my friend Amy, who I've known since secondary school. Her daughter, Leia, is nearly three weeks older than Nathan and we hadn't seen each other since becoming parents! We had a good catch up, compared babies and births and swopped parenting stories! We also considered marrying Nathan and Leia off! But I don't want to think about my boy getting married just yet! I intend to enjoy every bit of his growing up.

New Years eve we were back at home and had a visit from my Grandad and Grandma (Alcock) and my cousins Tom and Aaron. Tom and Aaron hadn't seen Nathan so my granparents thought they would bring them for a visit.
New Years day we visited Andy's brother and family and met their newest addition to the family! Mark is a few weeks younger than Nathan but as he was 10lbs at birth he is already bigger than him! But he did have a head start!

Anyway that what we've been up to! I'm going to put some pictures on soon, but I'm on Andy's computer (we may have internet again but not wireless yet!) and the pictures are on my computer! So I'll leave it there for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment